- Home /
- Our expertise /
- Non-profit organizations
Our firm has more than sixty non-profit organizations as clients and the list doesn’t stop growing. These organizations work within various sectors such as health, education, recreational activities, food, community support, co-ownership syndicates, charities, socio-economic and municipal.
At BOURASSA BOYER, you can count on an experienced and passionate team of professionals who are used to working with non-profit organizations and efficiently executing on their mandates. In order to deliver the highest standards of quality and fulfill client needs, our dedicated non-profit organizations team is constantly updating its knowledge and deepening its expertise. Every year, our team participates in continuous education training provided by the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec (Quebec CPA Order) in addition to various other internal and external training courses.
Our seasoned team conducts audit mandates in the fields of education (for example, in CEGEPs, primary and secondary schools) and health (hospitals and CLSCs which are grouped under the CISSS), all of which are non-profit organizations. In addition to financial reporting and tax filings, our team also handles:
- Various reports in support of grants and subsidies for various institutions;
- Budget training for senior staff of certain institutions;
- Replacement for administrative support staff;
- Support in financing requests for construction projects or short-term loans;
- Special committees for institutions requiring information related to sales taxes (GST/HST and QST);
- Review of financial analysis and communication with financial representatives;
- Consulting related to the integration and movement of senior management;
- Tax advice for the treatment of health care professionals;
- Assistance in the preparation of the sales taxes claim during the construction or development of a building;
- Budget preparation;
- Preparation of annual information forms for Retraite Québec and the Canada Revenue Agency;
- Documentation of internal control systems and procedures;
- Outsourcing of administrative tasks;
- Regulatory compliance; and
- Governance support.
Without a doubt, our multidisciplinary tax department, comprised of professional accountants and jurists (all with a Master degree in taxation), is a significant and expert addition to our non-profit organization clients. Not only can our team solve general – and even tricky – tax problems for legal entities and individuals, we can also handle questions related to sales taxes (GST/HST, QST) and all other tax related issues. This group constantly maintains its leading-edge knowledge and aims to offer a full suite of advisory, interpretation and planning services related to all tax matters, as well as representation before the tax authorities, if necessary.